Are you interested in pursuing a technical education but struggling with financial constraints? Look no further than the PESFA Scholarship, a program that offers financial assistance to students pursuing technical vocational education and training.
In this article, we’ll delve into the details of the PESFA Scholarship, exploring its eligibility criteria, application process, and benefits. So let’s get started!
What is the PESFA Scholarship?
PESFA stands for Private Education Student Financial Assistance, a program initiated by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) in the Philippines. The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who are pursuing a technical vocational education and training program in a private institution.
The PESFA Scholarship aims to help students from low-income families who are unable to afford the cost of technical education. The program is an effort to increase access to technical education for those who would otherwise not have the opportunity.
To be eligible for the PESFA Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Must be at least 15 years old at the time of enrollment
- Must have at least a 6th-grade education
- Must be accepted for enrollment in a TESDA-registered TVET program
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship program
- Must belong to a low-income family (income must not exceed the set threshold)
- Must pass the qualification exam conducted by the TESDA-approved testing center
- Must submit all the required documents
The application process for the PESFA Scholarship is straightforward. Here are the steps to follow:
- Identify the TESDA-approved TVET program you want to enroll in.
- Apply for admission to the program.
- Take the qualification exam at a TESDA-approved testing center.
- Submit the following documents to the school’s registrar or the TESDA provincial or district office:
- Accomplished application form
- Two 2×2 ID photos
- Birth certificate or any valid government-issued ID
- High school report card or transcript of records
- Certificate of good moral character
- Certificate of indigency (issued by the Barangay captain)
- Certification of acceptance from the school where the applicant intends to enroll
- Wait for the results of the selection process.
Benefits of the PESFA Scholarship
The PESFA Scholarship offers numerous benefits to its recipients. Here are some of them:
- Free tuition and other school fees
- Free training materials and supplies
- Monthly stipend for living expenses
- Health and accident insurance
- Job referral assistance after graduation
PESFA Scholarship FAQs
1. How much is the monthly stipend for PESFA scholars?
The monthly stipend for PESFA scholars varies depending on the region. In general, it ranges from Php 2,500 to Php 3,500.
2. Can PESFA scholars transfer to another school?
Yes, PESFA scholars may transfer to another school as long as the new school is a TESDA-registered TVET program.
3. Can PESFA scholars work while studying?
Yes, PESFA scholars may work while studying, as long as it does not interfere with their studies.
4. How long is the PESFA Scholarship program?
The PESFA Scholarship program covers the entire duration of the TVET program, which usually ranges from six months