The Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program expects to: give grants that will fund the instruction of skilled and meriting understudies in their third year of school and who are seeking after degree programs in the space of science and innovation; and guarantee a consistent, satisfactory stockpile of qualified S&T HR who can guide the country towards public advancement.
Types of Scholarships
The DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program, formerly known as the NSDB or NSTA Scholarship under RA No. 2067, is awarded to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics and are willing to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.
Republic Act No. 7687, also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994”, provides for scholarships to talented and deserving students whose families’ socio-economic status does not exceed the set cut-off values of certain indicators. Qualifiers must pursue priority fields of study in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching.
Republic Act No. 10612 aims to strengthen the country’s science and technology education by fast-tracking graduates in the sciences, mathematics, and engineering who shall teach science and mathematics in secondary schools throughout the country.
S&T Priority Programs
Programs Covered by the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarships
- Bachelor in Mathematics Education
- Bachelor in Technology and Livelihood Education with Specialization in Information and Communications
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- BS Aeronautical Engineering
- BS Aerospace Engineering
- BS Agribusiness
- BS Agribusiness Management
- BS Agribusiness Management and
- BS Agricultural and Biosystems
- BS Agricultural Biotechnology1*
- BS Agricultural Chemistry
- BS Agricultural Economics
- BS Agricultural Engineering
- BS Agricultural Technology
- BS Agriculture
- BS Animal Husbandry
- BS Animal Science
- BS Applied Mathematics
- BS Applied Mathematics major in Mathematical Finance2*
- BS Applied Physics
- BS Applied Physics with Applied Computer System
- BS Applied Physics with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Applied Statistics
- BS Architecture
- BS Astronomy
- BS Astronomy Technology
- BS Basic Medical Sciences6*
- BS Biochemistry
- BS Biology
- BS Biology for Teachers
- BS Biotechnology
- BS Ceramics Engineering
- BS Chemical Engineering
- BS Chemistry
- BS Chemistry for Teachers
- BS Chemistry with Applied Computer Systems
- BS Chemistry with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Civil Engineering
- BS Clothing Technology
- BS Community Nutrition
- BS Computer Engineering
- BS Computer Science
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Electronics and Communications Engineering
- BS Electronics Engineering
- BS Environmental Science
- BS Fisheries
- BS Food Science and Technology
- BS Food Technology
- BS Forestry
- BS Geodetic Engineering
- BS Geography
- BS Geology
- BS Geothermal Engineering
- BS Health Science
- BS Human Biology5*
- BS Industrial Design
- BS Industrial Engineering
- BS Industrial Management Engineering-Information Technology3*
- BS Industrial Pharmacy
- BS Information and Communications Technology
- BS Information System
- BS Information Technology
- BS Information Technology Systems
- BS Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- BS Life Sciences
- BS Management Information Systems2*
- BS Manufacturing Engineering
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Biomedical Engineering3*
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Mechatronics and Robotics3*
- BS Marine Biology
- BS Marine Science
- BS Materials Engineering
- BS Mathematics
- BS Mathematics and Science Teaching
- BS Mathematics for Teachers
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Mechatronics Engineering
- BS Medical Laboratory Science
- BS Medical Technology
- BS Metallurgical Engineering
- BS Meteorology
- BS Microbiology
- BS Mining Engineering
- BS Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- BS Nutrition
*1 UP System only
*2 4yrs, ADMU only
*3 DLSU only
*4 4yrs, USC only
*5 3yrs, DLSU only
*6 4 yrs, UPM only
Disclaimer: Always check the official website before applying
A. Regular Academic Year
|Tuition and other school fees||₱40,000.00 / year|
|Book Allowance||₱10,000.00 / year|
|Group Health and Accident Insurance||Premium|
|Transportation Allowance (for those studying outside of home province)||1 economy-class roundtrip fare|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month|
|Graduation Clothing Allowance||₱1,000.00|
B. Summer Allowance (if required in the curriculum)
|Tuition and other school fees||₱1,500.00|
|Book Allowance||₱500.00 (to submit Official Receipt)|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month for two months|
Who can apply?
- REGULAR third-year college male and female students enrolled in priority S&T courses at identified universities as of the First Semester of AY 2021-2022.
- Must have a general weighted average of at least 83% or its equivalent and with no conditional or failing mark in the first two years in college including in the midyear terms, if enrolled.
- Must be natural-born Filipino citizen.
- Must be of good moral character and in good health.
- May have taken the DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination before but did not pass or have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail the scholarship award.
|1. Certificate of Good Moral Character (Form C)||1. Download these forms here|
|2. Certificate of Good Health (Form D)||2. Print each form in a size A4 bond paper.|
|3. Certificate of Program of Study and Year Level (Form E)||3. Have these forms accomplished by the proper authorities/ officials/ persons as indicated in each form.|
|4. Certificate of Residency (Form F)||4. Make sure that each form is signed.|
|5. Commitment to Return Service Merit/RA 7687 (Form G1), RA 10612 (Form G2)||5. Scan or take picture of each accomplished form and save file.|
|6. Applicant’s Certification Re- Not a DOST Scholar prior to this application (Form H)||6. Name each file: (Surname-Form __) when saving it.|
|7. Applicant/Parent Declaration (Form I)||7. Submit each form using the Upload Module in the E-Application System. Use the appropriate upload field for each file.|
|8. Official Transcript of Records (TOR) or True Copy of Grades (TCG) or Grade Report downloaded from the portal for first and second years in college||Must be duly signed by the University Registrar/Dean of College|
|9. Recent picture, passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)||1. Must show face of the Applicant, 80% of the picture
2. Must be colored, with white background
3. With the name tag positionat approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin): Full name, handwritten- First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any (e.g. JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, JR.), and signature over printed name
4. Taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application
|10. Birth Certificate||Readable copy. May be issued by the PSA, NSO or the Municipal Registry Office|
|11. Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2020 Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Indigency / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Proof of Pension||– Clear, signed copy.
– Annual Gross Income must be clearly indicated in the document.1*
– The particular document depends on the parent’s class of worker.2*
*1. Sample ITR
When to apply?
|Start of Online Application Period||To be announced|
|Last Day of Online Application and Uploading of Requirements||30 November 2021|
Important to know
You will need a valid email address for logging in to your application account and for receiving notifications about your application status and results.
- Please make sure that the email address you intend to register in order to file your application has not been compromised in a data breach. Click here to verify.
- To ensure the security of your data, you are encouraged to use secured e-mail accounts preferably one that has two-step verification.
- You will be advised of the status of your application and other announcements relative to your application through the email account that you use during registration.
Working Mobile Number/s
Please provide a working mobile number by which you can be contacted should there be a need to, relative to your application.
Security of Access Credentials
You will be assigned an Application ID. This, with pertinent personal data, shall serve as your access credential to the JLSS E-Application System. Please keep your access credentials secure.
No to Multiple Accounts!
Do not create multiple accounts. These will cause delays in accessing your application forms.
Stable Internet Connection
When you are ready with all the information you need to fill out your E-Application and the documents that needed to be uploaded, make sure you have a stable internet connection.
What Information should you know before filling your E-Application?
- Father’s Annual Gross Income
- Mother’s Annual Gross Income
- If Legal Guardian is supporting Applicant, Legal Guardian’s Annual Gross Income
- If family receives contribution from outside source: the giver, the amount of the contribution and the purpose of the contribution
- If family owns agricultural land: how many hectares
- If family owns vehicle: type, year and model
- Type: Ex. tricycle, passenger jeep, owner jeep, car, van
- Year and Model: Ex. 2020 Toyota Revo
Steps in Filling out the JLSS E-Application:
When you have all the necessary documents; completely accomplished and scanned or have pictures of these; and know the above-mentioned information, you are now ready to access the JLSS E-Application portal,
When filling out the information required, please make sure that the names and the words are spelled correctly.
Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
|STEP 1||Register. Use a valid e-mail address. An email will be sent to you for verification.|
|STEP 2||Answer the questions in the Eligibility Module that can be accessed to the link provided in the email sent to you. If you are not eligible to apply for the JLSS, you will receive a Notice of Disqualification in your email|
|STEP 3||If you are eligible to apply for the JLSS, you can proceed to the next modules:
– Personal Data
a. The system accepts .jpeg, .png, .bmp, and .pdf file types only
b. The system accepts multiple files up to 5MB per upload. Ex. You took a photo of each of the 3 pages of your Transcript of Records. As a result, you need to upload 3 different files for the same requirement. To upload it, you need to click the Upload File button and select all the files to be submitted.
After selecting the files, a preview is also available for you to see if you have selected the correct and complete files. Once you are sure that you have selected the correct and complete files, you may now click the Upload button.
c. You may press the Preview button to check the files you submitted after uploading it. If in the event that you have uploaded an incorrect file or incomplete files, you need to repeat the uploading process and upload the correct and complete files to overwrite the previously uploaded document/s.
|STEP 4||Make sure that you have accomplished all the modules completely with true information and correct spellings and uploaded all the required documents before you press the SUBMIT button. You can no longer make any change in the information you provided in your application once submitted.|
Announcement of Scholarship Qualifiers
Check the SEI website: https://sei.dost.gov.ph for the announcements of the scholarship qualifiers sometime in December 2021. If you qualify for the scholarship, you will be sent the Notice of Award through your registered email address.