The Paul L. Cruz Scholarship Grant has been providing full scholarship for Mechanical Engineering students since 2017. The grant supports students who truly do not have the financial resources to complete and earn a 4-year Mechanical Engineering degree.
Note: Read this Post to the end carefully to get to know about The Application Process, Eligibility, Scholarship Program Requirements and Application Form.
The grant shall provide for the tuition and fees of four (4) Mechanical Engineering students from first year to graduation. The scholarship slots are for current freshman and sophomore students only.
CRUZ Scholarship ELIGIBILITY
The following criteria must be met for applicants to qualify for the program:
- An enrollee of not less than fifteen (15) units for the current trimester in accordance with the course checklist of the program;
- With total gross annual family income not exceeding P 700, 000.00;
- Has no grades lower than 2.000 and a CGPA of at least 3.000 in the previous term prior to application;
- Has no failing grades in any course;
- Of Good Moral Character and has no major offense;
- Not a concurrent recipient of any major scholarship or financial aid (e.g., pre-need educational plans, and other corporate foundation scholarships)
Note: Always refer to the official Website before Applying For your Scholarship.
CRUZ Scholarship APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
Aspiring scholars must submit the following documentary requirements through this link .
- Filled out Undergraduate Scholarship Appeal Application Form
- One (1) 2 x 2 colored photograph taken within the last three (3) months;
- Printed copy of grades from My La Salle (MLS) account;
- One (1) sealed recommendation letter from a DLSU faculty;
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from the Student Discipline Formation Office (SDFO);
- Narrative Letter (reason for applying for scholarship), addressed to Grichelle M. Prado, OAS Director;
- Income Tax Return or Certificate of Employment and Compensation (if parents and other household members are employed), or BIR Certificate of Exemption from filing of Income Tax Return or Municipal Certificate of Unemployment (if parents are unemployed);
- Photos of Family Residence– Colored 4R size of the following: façade of the house/front view, living room, kitchen, and bedroom); and
- Download the Vicinity Map Form.
|Application for Scholarship||15 June – 15 July 2022|
|Release of Result||TBA by the Office of Admissions and Scholarships via email|
SCREENING AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Only applications submitted via google form will be screened by Office of Admissions and Scholarships.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Office of Admissions and Scholarships via zoom.
- Admitted applicants will be notified through email.
- Newly admitted scholars will sign a scholarship contract.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The scholarship assistance commences on the current term and continues until graduation from the same program.
- The scholar must be enrolled for at least the minimum number of units/load required by the school or as stated on the scholar’s program checklist for each school term.
- Scholars are required to maintain at least 2.500 term grade point average (TGPA) by the end of the trimester and no grades below 2.0 in each subject enrolled.
For concerns and inquiries, please email [email protected] with subject heading: Paul L Cruz Scholarship Grant, AY 2022-2023