The CHED-PhilFrance Scholarship 2023 was posted in the scholarship website of the Embassy of France to the Philippines. They are pleased to offer the following scholarship programs for the 2023 academic year:
This academic award is directed to the next generation of Filipino leaders who have shown strong academic, leadership and professional abilities, and who wish to study in France for a graduate degree. The deadline is on Friday, 13 April 2023, 4:00 PM.
Eligibility Criteria for CHED-PhilFrance Scholarship 2023
- Be employed by a CHED-recognized Philippine institution of higher learning
- Be a Filipino citizen
- Not be more than 42 years old for applicants to Master’s degree programs and not more than 40 years old for applicants to Doctoral degree programs by the time you begin your degree
- Hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree (for applicants to Master’s degree programs) or a Master’s degree (for applicants to Doctoral degree programs)
- Demonstrate strong academic record
- Demonstrate knowledge or expertise that would prepare them adequately for successful study and research in a specific graduate program
- Be in good health and of good moral character
- Have no pending criminal charges, and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law
- Fulfill all the Terms and Conditions of the grant, including a return service obligation
Eligible programs for CHED-PhilFrance Scholarship 2023
- A degree-awarding graduate program (Master’s or PhD) from a French higher education institution
- Candidates are free to apply to any program of their choice and can submit more than one application per cycle. However, the scholarship will only cover the registration fees of state-regulated courses, with limited exceptions (see below for one example)
Note: The distinction between the two following classifications is particularly important to understand and not confuse, to be able to identify eligible programs.
- Registration fees = frais d’inscription en université
- Tuition fees = frais de scolarité
A growing number of Master’s degrees are now offered in English at the state-regulated rates (see the search engine section of the FAQ to identify said programs).
The vast majority of French PhDs are offered at the state-regulated rates and an increasing number of doctoral schools offer English as a working language (especially in the natural sciences).
- A CV no longer than two pages detailing your academic and professional experience
- An academic essay no longer than 750 words. The choice of formatting and content are left to the candidate, but the essay must underline his or her reasons for wanting to study in France and how this experience and degree will benefit Philippine academia.
- NB: Essays exceeding the word limit will be discarded along with the application. Be advised that we ask for an academic essay, not a cover or motivation letter.
- Certified true copy of academic transcripts
- Letter/s of acceptance, or proof of a completed application, to graduate programs, issued by the French higher education institution (HEI)
- CHED-issued re-entry action plan
* Optional: Letter/s of acceptance, or acknowledgment/s of application, to other scholarship programs as long as these are not funded by the French government
* Optional: French proficiency test results (such as DELF) or a letter from a French language instructor detailing your writing and speaking proficiency levels
Note: All documents must be in PDF format except for the essay, which must be submitted as a Word document. Additional documents (such as letters of recommendation) submitted without the Embassy requesting them, will not be accepted.
Please be advised that shortlisted candidates will be contacted to submit additional documents, such as medical certificates and NBI clearance.
CHED-PhilFrance Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates will be given the status of boursier du gouvernement français or French government scholar which entitles them to these benefits:
- Frais d’inscription en université (registration fees) waiver for the entire duration of the chosen program (for state-regulated programs in public universities only)
- Note: Due to a specific agreement made by CHED, Sciences Po, and the French Embassy,CHED will be fully financing the frais de scolarité (tuition fees) for Sciences Po’s graduate programs on top of the all the other benefits offered by the CHED-PhilFrance Scholarships.
- A living allowance depending on the degree and area of residence
- For Master’s degree candidates:
- Greater Paris area (Région Ile-de-France): €950/month
- Elsewhere: €750/month
- For PhD candidates: €1,200/month, regardless of their area of residence
- For Master’s degree candidates:
- A health care package composed of mandatory sécurité sociale étudiante (national health care package) and a mutuelle (supplementary policy)
- Airfare (one round-trip only) to the city of destination (nearest airport)
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION to this LINK.
#CHEDPhilFrance #Scholarship #Deadline #April