Higher education is the key to a brighter future, and scholarships play a vital role in making it possible for deserving students to achieve their dreams. The Commission on Higher Education – National Capital Region (CHED-NCR) offers various scholarship programs to deserving students in the NCR region. In this article, we’ll provide a comprehensive guide to the CHED-NCR Scholarship, including its types, eligibility criteria, and application process.
The Commission on Higher Education – National Capital Region (CHED-NCR) is committed to providing opportunities to deserving students in the NCR region. CHED-NCR offers various scholarship programs to support the education of students who are financially challenged, academically excellent, and belong to marginalized sectors.
CHED-NCR Scholarship Types
CHED-NCR offers three types of scholarship programs:
Full Merit Scholarship Program
This program provides full tuition and other school fees, monthly stipends, and allowances to students who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance. The scholarship is granted to students who belong to the top 10% of the graduating class and whose family income does not exceed the prescribed maximum limit.
Partial Merit Scholarship Program
This program provides a partial tuition fee subsidy, monthly stipends, and allowances to students who have shown academic excellence. The scholarship is granted to students who belong to the top 20% of the graduating class and whose family income does not exceed the prescribed maximum limit.
Tulong-Dunong Scholarship Program
This program provides financial assistance to students who belong to the marginalized sectors of society. The scholarship covers tuition fees and other school expenses, monthly stipends, and allowances. The scholarship is granted to students who have demonstrated financial need and academic excellence.
To qualify for CHED-NCR Scholarship, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Must be a permanent resident of NCR
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship program
- Must not have any failing grade or incomplete grade
- Must have a General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 85%
- Must belong to the top 10% (for Full Merit Scholarship) or top 20% (for Partial Merit Scholarship) of the graduating class
- Must have a combined annual gross income of not more than PHP 400,000.00 (for Full Merit and Partial Merit Scholarship) or PHP 300,000.00 (for Tulong-Dunong Scholarship)
To apply for CHED-NCR Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Visit the CHED Scholarship Program website and register an account.
- Fill out the online application form and attach the required documents.
- Submit the online application form.
- Print the accomplished application form.
- Attach the required documents and submit them to the CHED-NCR Regional Office or through designated drop boxes.
- Wait for the confirmation of receipt of the documents.
Interview and Assessment
- Wait for the announcement of the schedule of interview and assessment.
- Attend the interview and assessment at the designated venue.
- Can I apply for multiple CHED-NCR scholarship programs simultaneously?
- No, you can only apply for one CHED-NCR scholarship program at a time.
- What are the required documents for the application process?
- The required documents include your accomplished application form, proof of income, grades, and other supporting documents.
- What is the maximum income limit for CHED-NCR scholarship eligibility?
- The maximum income limit for Full Merit and Partial Merit scholarship is PHP 400,000.00, while for Tulong-Dunong scholarship, it is PHP 300,000.00.
- How many slots are available for CHED-NCR scholarships?
- The number of slots available for CHED-NCR scholarships varies depending on the available budget and the number of applicants who qualify.
- How often can I apply for CHED-NCR scholarship?
- You can only apply once a year for CHED-NCR scholarship.
Education is the key to success, and CHED-NCR scholarship programs provide an opportunity for deserving students to pursue higher education without worrying about financial constraints. This comprehensive guide has provided all the necessary information about the CHED-NCR scholarship program, including the types, eligibility criteria, and application process. So, if you meet the eligibility criteria, don’t hesitate to apply for a CHED-NCR scholarship and take a step closer to your dreams.