McDonald’s and APIA Scholars have teamed up to provide scholarships to Asian Pacific American students. Find out more about the prerequisites or get started on your application right away.
|Dates to Remember
About the APIA Scholarship
Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. APIA Scholars provides scholarships to underserved APIA students with a special focus on those who:
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status;
- Are the first in their families to attend college;
- Are representative of the APIA community’s diversity, (geographically and ethnically}, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity; and
- Have placed a strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
How to Apply?
Once all of the required questions have been answered, the APIA Scholarship Program application must be completed online and submitted electronically. The online application does not have to be completed in one sitting. You may visit your application and edit your answers as many times as you like until you are ready to submit using your login from any computer with internet access until you are ready to submit. The application will be available for the 2022-2024 academic year from September 8, 2021 until January 26, 2022 at 5:00 PM EST.
If you need some tips on helping you prepare to apply, please check out our Applicant Resources.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Be enrolling as an undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2022.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) or have earned a GED
- Must apply for federal financial aid for the 2022-2024 academic year using the Free Application for the Federal Student Aid (FASFA) by early April 2022
- Submit one letter of recommendation online
The APIA Scholarship Program is supported by 3M, The Coca-Cola Foundation, Cox Enterprises, Edison International, FedEx, First Republic Bank, McDonald’s, MUFG-Union Bank, Nakupuna Foundation, NBCUniversal, Orchid Giving Circle, Ralph Lauren, Target, Toyota, United Health Foundation, The Walt Disney Company, and Wells Fargo.